Booking Related Terms & Conditions
When booking a package with Travel and Gambling, whether it’s done online or by phone, Travel and Gambling team will make the flight and hotel booking on behalf of the customer according to the information he/she has provided. The traveler will receive an email (the following working day) with the status of the reservation. The reservation status could be one of the following:
a) The reservation was preformed successfully and in the reply e-mail the traveler will find the e-ticket/flight voucher and/or hotel voucher along with relevant information for the event.
b) The reservation was not preformed succesfully due to reasons such as flight/hotel availability, price changes, payment processing etc’. In this case the traveler has the option to preform the reservation according to new suggested terms or receive 100% refund on the payment with no transaction costs deducted.
Travel and Gambling is responsible for booking the flight tickets and/or hotel rooms only. Travel and Gambling is not a representative of the airline company and/or hotel and/or casino which Travel and Gambling connects with regarding the Gambling tour. Accordingly, Travel and Gambling will not be responsible in case of complaints and/or claims against any of the parties mentioned above.
In case of booked charter or low cost flights there may be changes of flight time/ flight number or other changes made by the airline company. Only the flight operator is responsible for these changes. These changes cannot constitute a reason to cancel the reservation unless specifically mentioned by the airline company.
Once the payment for the reservation has been made, Travel and Gambling proceeds to book the reservation accordingly. Any change or cancellation the customer wishes to make may result in charge change or cancellation fees according to the specific airline or hotel policy. Most reservations carry 14 days or less full price cancellation fee, so customers should be aware of this prior to booking the hotel/flight.
Travel and Gambling will perform the booking according to the exact names provided by the customer. It is very important for the customer to double check the names he/she is providing and to make sure they are exact according to the passport or other legal travel document. Travel and Gambling will not be responsible for any costs and problems resulting from misspelled names provided by the customer when booking with Travel and Gambling.
The passengers must make sure their passport is valid at least six months prior to the flight date. Traveler should remember to bring passport (or other legal travel document).
Visa – It is the traveler's responsibility to check whether he/she needs any visa or special permit to enter the intended destination.
We recommend our customers to have travel insurance when travelling abroad.
It is recommended to be at the airport at least 3 hours prior to departure time.
General Terms and Conditions, Privacy & Cookies
These terms and conditions, as may be amended from time to time, apply to all our services directly or indirectly (through distributors) made available online, through any mobile device, by email or by telephone. By accessing, browsing and using our mobile website or any of our applications through whatever platform (hereafter collectively referred to as the "website") and/or by completing a reservation, you acknowledge and agree to have read, understood and agreed to the terms and conditions set out below (including the privacy statement).
These pages, the content and infrastructure of these pages, and the online reservation service provided on these pages and through the website are owned, operated and provided by TRAVEL AND GAMBLING and are provided for your personal, non-commercial use only, subject to the terms and conditions set out below.
"Platform" means the mobile website and app on which the Service is made available owned, controlled, managed, maintained and/or hosted by TRAVEL AND GAMBLING.
"Service" means the online reservation service (including the facilitation of payments) of various products and services as from time to time made available by Suppliers on the Platform.
"Supplier" means the provider of accommodation and/or flight (e.g. casino, hotel, boat), operators, insurances, and any other travel or related product or service as from time to time available for reservation on the Platform.
1. Scope of our Service
Through the Platform, we (TRAVEL AND GAMBLING and its affiliate (distribution) partners) provide an online platform through which Suppliers can advertise their products and service for reservation, and through which visitors of the Platform can make such reservations (i.e. the reservation service). By making a reservation through TRAVEL AND GAMBLING, you enter into a direct (legally binding) contractual relationship with the Supplier with which you make a reservation or purchase a product or service (as applicable). From the point at which you make your reservation, we act solely as an intermediary between you and the Supplier, transmitting the details of your reservation to the relevant Supplier(s) and sending you a confirmation email (including hotel and flight bookings) for and on behalf of the Supplier.
When rendering our Service, the information that we disclose is based on the information provided to us by Suppliers. As such, the Suppliers are providing us the information and are fully responsible for updating us about all rates, availability and other information which is displayed on our Platform. Although we will use reasonable skill and care in performing our Service, we will not verify if, and cannot guarantee that, all information is accurate, complete or correct, nor can we be held responsible for any errors (including manifest and typographical errors), any interruptions (whether due to any (temporary and/or partial) breakdown, repair, upgrade or maintenance of our Platform or otherwise), inaccurate, misleading or untrue information or non-delivery of information. Each Supplier remains responsible at all times for the accuracy, completeness and correctness of the (descriptive) information (including the rates and availability) displayed on our Platform. Our Platform does not constitute and should not be regarded as a recommendation or endorsement of the quality, service level, qualification or (star) rating of any Supplier (or its facilities, venue, products or services) made available.
Our Service is made available for personal and non-commercial use only. Therefore, you are not allowed to re-sell, deep-link, use, copy, monitor (e.g. spider, scrape), display, download or reproduce any content or information, software, reservations, tickets, products or services available on our Platform for any commercial or competitive activity or purpose.
2. Prices, crossed-out rates and Best Price Guarantee
The prices on our Platform are highly competitive. All deal prices are per room for your entire stay and all prices are displayed including VAT/sales tax and all other taxes (subject to change of such taxes), unless stated differently on our Platform or the confirmation email/ticket. Ticket prices are per person or group and subject to validity as indicated on the ticket, if applicable. Applicable fees and taxes (including tourist/city tax) may be charged by the Supplier in the event of a no-show or cancellation fee. Applicable taxes may be charged by the accommodation in the event of a no-show or cancellation fee.
Sometimes cheaper rates are available on our Platform for a specific stay, product or service, however, these rates made available by Suppliers may carry special restrictions and conditions, for example non-cancelable and non-refundable. Please check the relevant product, service and reservation conditions and details thoroughly for any such conditions prior to making your reservation.
The currency converter is for information purposes only and should not be relied upon as accurate and real time; actual rates may vary.
Obvious errors and mistakes (including misprints) are not binding.
All special offers and promotions are marked as such.
3. Privacy and cookies
TRAVEL AND GAMBLING respects your privacy. Please have a look at our P&C for further information.
4. Free of charge
Our service is free of charge because, unlike many other parties, we will not charge you for our Service or add any additional (reservation) fees to the rate.
Suppliers pay a commission (being a small percentage of the product price to TRAVEL AND GAMBLING after the end user has consumated the service or product of the Supplier or after the guest has stayed at the accommodation.
5. Credit card or bank transfer
If applicable and available, certain Suppliers offer the opportunity for reservations to be paid (wholly or partly and as required under the payment policy of the accommodation) to the Supplier during the reservation process by means of secure online payment (all to the extent offered and supported by your bank). For certain products and services, TRAVEL AND GAMBLING facilitates (through third party payment processors) the payment of the relevant product or service . Payment is safely processed from your credit/debit card or bank account to the bank account of the accommodation provider through a third party payment processor. Any payment facilitated by us for and on behalf of, and transferred to the Supplier will in each case constitute a payment of (part of) the booking price by you of the relevant product or service in final settlement of such (partial) due and payable price and you cannot reclaim such paid monies.
For certain (non-refundable) rates or special offers, please note that Suppliers may require that payment is made upfront by wire transfer (if available) or by credit card, and therefore your credit card may be pre-authorised or charged (sometimes without any option for refund) upon making the reservation. Please check the (reservation) details of your product or service of choice thoroughly for any such conditions prior to making your reservation. You will not hold TRAVEL AND GAMBLING liable or responsible for any (authorized, (allegedly) unauthorized or wrong) charge by the Supplier and not (re)claim any amount for any valid or authorized charge by the Supplier (including for pre-paid rates, no-show and chargeable cancellation) of your credit card.
In the event of credit card fraud or unauthorised use of your credit card by third parties, most banks and credit card companies bear the risk and cover all the charges resulting from such fraud or misuse, which may sometimes be subject to a deductible (usually set at EUR 50 (or the equivalent in your local currency)). In the event that your credit card company or bank charges the deductible from you because of unauthorised transactions resulting from a reservation made on our Platform, we will pay you this deductible, up to an aggregate amount of EUR 50 (or the equivalent in your local currency). In order to indemnify you, please make sure that you report this fraud to your credit card provider (in accordance with its reporting rules and procedures) and contact us immediately by email (customer.relations@TRAVEL AND GAMBLING). Please state 'credit card fraud' in the subject line of your email and provide us with evidence of the charged deductible (e.g. policy of the credit card company). This indemnification only applies to credit card reservations made using TRAVEL AND GAMBLING's secure server and the unauthorised use of your credit card resulted through our default or negligence and through no fault of your own while using the secure server.
6. Pre-payment, cancellation, no-show and fine print
By making a reservation with a Supplier, you accept and agree to the relevant cancellation and no-show policy of that Supplier, and to any additional (delivery) terms and conditions of the Supplier that may apply to your visit or stay (including the fine print of the Supplier made available on our Platform and the relevant house rules of the Supplier), including for services rendered and/or products offered by the accommodation provider (the delivery terms and conditions of an accommodation provider can be obtained with the relevant accommodation provider). The general cancellation and no-show policy of each Supplier is made available on our Platform on the Supplier information pages, during the reservation procedure and in the confirmation email or ticket (if applicable). Please note that certain rates or special offers are not eligible for cancellation or change. Applicable city/tourist tax may still be charged by the Supplier in the event of a no-show or charged cancellation. Please check the (reservation) details of your product or service of choice thoroughly for any such conditions prior to making your reservation. Please note that a reservation which requires down payment or (wholly or partly) prepayment may be cancelled (without a prior notice of default or warning) insofar the relevant (remaining) amount(s) cannot be collected in full on the relevant payment date in accordance with the relevant payment policy of the Supplier and the reservation. Cancellation and prepayment policies may vary according to room type. Please carefully read the fine print (below the room types or at the bottom of each Supplier page on our Platform) and important information in your reservation confirmation for additional policies as may be applied by the Supplier (e.g. in respect of age requirement, security deposit, non-cancellation/additional supplements for group bookings, extra beds/no free breakfast, pets/cards accepted). Late payment, wrong bank, debit or credit card details, invalid credit/debit cards or insufficient funds are for your own risk and account and you shall not be entitled to any refund of any (non-refundable) prepaid amount unless the Supplier agrees or allows otherwise under its (pre)payment and cancellation policy.
If you wish to review, adjust or cancel your reservation, please revert to the confirmation email and follow the instructions therein. Please note that you may be charged for your cancellation in accordance with the accommodation provider's cancellation, (pre)payment and no-show policy or not be entitled to any repayment of any (pre)paid amount. We recommend that you read the cancellation, (pre)payment and no-show policy of the accommodation provider carefully prior to making your reservation and remember to make further payments on time as may be required for the relevant reservation.
If you have a late or delayed arrival on the check-in date or only arrive the next day, make sure to (timely/promptly) communicate this with the Supplier so they know when to expect you to avoid cancellation of your reservation or room or charge of the no-show fee. Our customer service department can help you if needed with informing the Supplier. TRAVEL AND GAMBLING does not accept any liability or responsibility for the consequences of your delayed arrival or any cancellation or charged no-show fee by the Supplier.
7. (Further) correspondence and communication
By completing a booking, you agree to receive (i) an email which we may send you shortly prior to your arrival date, giving you information on your destination and providing you with certain information and offers (including third party offers to the extent that you have actively opted in for this information) relevant to your reservation and destination, and (ii) an email which we may send to you promptly after your stay inviting you to complete our guest review form. Please see our privacy and cookies policy for more information about how we may contact you.
TRAVEL AND GAMBLING disclaims any liability or responsibility for any communication with the Supplier on or through its platform. You cannot derive any rights from any request to, or communication with the Supplier or (any form of) acknowledgement of receipt of any communication or request. TRAVEL AND GAMBLING cannot guarantee that any request or communication will be (duly and timely) received/read by, complied with, executed or accepted by the Supplier.
In order to duly complete and secure your reservation, you need to use your correct email address. We are not responsible or liable for (and have no obligation to verify) any wrong or misspelled email address or inaccurate or wrong (mobile) phone number or credit card number.
Any claim or complaint against TRAVEL AND GAMBLING or in respect of the Service must be promptly submitted, but in any event within 30 days after the scheduled day of consummation of the product or service (e.g. check out date). Any claim or complaint that is submitted after the 30 days period, may be rejected and the claimant shall forfeit its right to any (damage or cost) compensation.
Due to the continuous update and adjustments of rates and availability, we strongly suggest to make screenshots when making a reservation to support your position (if needed).
8. Ranking, preferred programme, stars and guest reviews
The default setting of the ranking of Suppliers on our Platform is 'Recommended' (or any similar wording) (the "Default Ranking"). For your convenience we also offer other ways to rank Supplier. Please note that the Default Ranking is created through a fully automatic ranking system (algorithm) and based on multiple criteria, which include not only the popularity of a Supplier among our visitors, but also customer service history and certain booking-related data (number of bookings, cancellations, conversion rate, etc). On-time payment of commission by a Supplier and the commission percentage are also included in the algorithm; however, they are two of the several (but definitely not leading) factors in the Default Ranking.
In certain cities and regions, TRAVEL AND GAMBLING operates a preferred partnership program, allowing certain Suppliers that meet and maintain the preferred program terms to be listed ahead of the rest of the Suppliers in the default “Recommended” ranking for the relevant city/region. The preferred Suppliers are marked with a “thumbs-up” symbol and in return for this high ranking, the preferred Supplier pays a higher commission. Only Suppliers that meet and maintain certain qualification criteria can be listed as preferred.
The stars used for non-hotel accommodations (e.g. bed & breakfasts) do not correspond to the star ranking system as may be applicable to hotel accommodations.
The completed guest review may be (a) uploaded onto the relevant Supplier's information page on our Platform for the sole purpose of informing (future) customers of your opinion of the service (level) and quality of the Supplier, and (b) (wholly or partly) used and placed by TRAVEL AND GAMBLING at its sole discretion (e.g. for marketing, promotion or improvement of our service) on our Platform or such social media platforms, newsletters, special promotions, apps or other channels owned, hosted, used or controlled by TRAVEL AND GAMBLING and our business partners. We reserve the right to adjust, refuse or remove reviews at our sole discretion. The guest review form should be regarded as a survey and does not include any (further commercial) offers, invitations or incentives whatsoever.
Subject to the limitations set out in these terms and conditions and to the extent permitted by law, we shall only be liable for direct damages actually suffered, paid or incurred by you due to an attributable shortcoming of our obligations in respect to our services, up to an aggregate amount of the aggregate cost of your reservation as set out in the confirmation email (whether for one event or series of connected events).
However and to the extent permitted by law, neither we nor any of our officers, directors, employees, representatives, subsidiaries, affiliated companies, distributors, affiliate (distribution) partners, licensees, agents or others involved in creating, sponsoring, promoting, or otherwise making available the site and its contents shall be liable for (i) any punitive, special, indirect or consequential loss or damages, any loss of production, loss of profit, loss of revenue, loss of contract, loss of or damage to goodwill or reputation, loss of claim, (ii) any inaccuracy relating to the (descriptive) information (including rates, availability and ratings) of the Supplier as made available on our Platform, (iii) the services rendered or the products offered by the Supplier or other business partners, (iv) any (direct, indirect, consequential or punitive) damages, losses or costs suffered, incurred or paid by you, pursuant to, arising out of or in connection with the use, inability to use or delay of our Platform, or (v) any (personal) injury, death, property damage, or other (direct, indirect, special, consequential or punitive) damages, losses or costs suffered, incurred or paid by you, whether due to (legal) acts, errors, breaches, (gross) negligence, willful misconduct, omissions, non-performance, misrepresentations, tort or strict liability by or (wholly or partly) attributable to the Supplier or any of our other business partners (including any of their employees, directors, officers, agents, representatives or affiliated companies) whose products or service are (directly or indirectly) made available, offered or promoted on or through the Platform, including any (partial) cancellation, overbooking, strike, force majeure or any other event beyond our control.
Whether or not the Supplier has charged you for your room, product or service, or if we are facilitating the payment of the (room/reservation) price, you agree and acknowledge that the Supplier is at all times responsible for the collection, withholding, remittance and payment of the applicable taxes due on the total amount of the (room/reservation) price to the relevant tax authorities. TRAVEL AND GAMBLING is not liable or responsible for the remittance, collection, withholding or payment of the relevant taxes due on the (room/reservation) price to the relevant tax authorities. TRAVEL AND GAMBLING does not act as the merchant of record for any product or service made available on the Platform.
By uploading photos/images onto our system (for instance in addition to a review) you certify, warrant and agree that you own the copyright to the photos/images and that you agree that TRAVEL AND GAMBLING may use the uploaded photos/images on its (mobile) website and app, and in (online/offline) promotional materials and publications and as TRAVEL AND GAMBLING at its discretion sees fit. You are granting TRAVEL AND GAMBLING a non-exclusive, worldwide, irrevocable, unconditional, perpetual right and license to use, reproduce, display, have reproduced, distribute, sublicense, communicate and make available the photos/images as TRAVEL AND GAMBLING at its discretion sees fit. By uploading these photos/images the person uploading the picture(s) accepts full legal and moral responsibility of any and all legal claims that are made by any third parties (including, but not limited to, accommodation owners) due to TRAVEL AND GAMBLING publishing and using these photos/images. TRAVEL AND GAMBLING does not own or endorse the photos/images that are uploaded. The truthfulness, validity and right to use of all photos/images is assumed by the person who uploaded the photo, and is not the responsibility of TRAVEL AND GAMBLING. TRAVEL AND GAMBLING disclaims all responsibility and liability for the pictures posted. The person who uploaded the photo warrants that the photos/images shall not contain any viruses, Trojan horses or infected files and shall not contain any pornographic, illegal, obscene, insulting, objectionable or inappropriate material and does not infringe any third party (intellectual property right, copyright or privacy) rights. Any photo/image that does not meet the aforesaid criteria will not be posted and/or can be removed/deleted by TRAVEL AND GAMBLING at any time and without prior notice.
10. Intellectual property rights
Unless stated otherwise, the software required for our services or available at or used by our Platform and the intellectual property rights (including the copyrights) of the contents and information of and material on our Platform are owned by TRAVEL AND GAMBLING, its suppliers or providers.
TRAVEL AND GAMBLING exclusively retains ownership of all rights, title and interest in and to (all intellectual property rights of) (the look and feel (including infrastructure) of) the Platform on which the service is made available (including the guest reviews and translated content) and you are not entitled to copy, scrape, (hyper-/deep)link to, publish, promote, market, integrate, utilize, combine or otherwise use the content (including any translations thereof and the guest reviews) or our brand without our express written permission. To the extent that you would (wholly or partly) use or combine our (translated) content (including guest reviews) or would otherwise own any intellectual property rights in the Platform or any (translated) content or guest reviews, you hereby assign, transfer and set over all such intellectual property rights to TRAVEL AND GAMBLING. Any unlawful use or any of the aforementioned actions or behaviour will constitute a material infringement of our intellectual property rights (including copyright and database right).
To the extent permitted by law, these terms and conditions and the provision of our services shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law and any dispute arising out of these general terms and conditions and our services shall exclusively be submitted to the competent courts in BucharestRomania.
The original English version of these terms and conditions may have been translated into other languages. The translated version is a courtesy and office translation only and you cannot derive any rights from the translated version. In the event of a dispute about the contents or interpretation of these terms and conditions or inconsistency or discrepancy between the English version and any other language version of these terms and conditions, the English language version to the extent permitted by law shall apply, prevail and be conclusive. The English version is available on our Platform (by selecting the English language) or shall be sent to you upon your written request.
If any provision of these terms and conditions is or becomes invalid, unenforceable or non-binding, you shall remain bound by all other provisions hereof. In such event, such invalid provision shall nonetheless be enforced to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, and you will at least agree to accept a similar effect as the invalid, unenforceable or non-binding provision, given the contents and purpose of these terms and conditions.
12. About TRAVEL AND GAMBLING and the support companies
The online reservation service is rendered by TRAVEL AND GAMBLING which is a private limited liability company, incorporated under the laws of the Romania.
TRAVEL AND GAMBLING has its headquarters in Bucharest, Romania and is supported by various affiliated group companies (the "support companies") throughout the world. The support companies only provide an internal supporting role to and for the benefit of TRAVEL AND GAMBLING. Certain designated support companies render limited customer care support services (only by telephone). The support companies do not have any Platform (and do not in any way control, manage, maintain or host the Platform). The support companies do not have any power or authority to render the service, to represent TRAVEL AND GAMBLING or to enter into any contract in the name of, for or on behalf of TRAVEL AND GAMBLING. You do not have a (legal or contractual) relationship with the support companies. The support companies do not operate and are not authorised to act as any form of process or service agent of TRAVEL AND GAMBLING. TRAVEL AND GAMBLING does not accept nor assume any domicile at any place, location or office in the world (also not at the office of its support companies), other than its registered office in Romania.
First things first – your privacy is important to us. We know that’s the kind of thing all these sorts of notices say, but frankly we mean it. You’ve placed your trust in us by using the travelandgambling.com services and we value that trust. That means we’re committed to protecting and safeguarding any personal data you give us.
If you’ve ever used us before, you’ll know that travelandgambling.com offers online travel-related services through our own websites and mobile apps, as well as through other online platforms such as partners’ websites and social media. Why point that out, you ask? Well, here’s the thing. All the information that follows applies to not one, not two, but all of these platforms. Several platforms, one privacy statement.
This one privacy statement applies to any kind of information we collect through these platforms or other means connected to these platforms (such as contacting our customer service team via email). It makes for a lot less tedious reading. Accommodation partners should however also visit the Privacy Statement for accommodation partners.
We might amend the Privacy Statement from time to time. If you care about your privacy, visit this page regularly and you’ll know exactly where you stand.
Sad but necessary bit: If you disagree with this Privacy Statement, you should discontinue using our services. If you agree with our Privacy Statement, then you’re all set to book your next stay. Let the good times roll!
What kind of personal information does travelandgambling.com collect?
We can’t help you book the perfect accommodation without information, so when you use our services there are certain pieces of information we ask for. This is pretty basic stuff – your name, preferred contact details, the names of anybody travelling with you and your payment information. In addition to this, we also collect information from your computer. This can include the IP address, the browser you use, and your language settings. There are also situations in which we receive information about you from others or automatically collect other information. This is the basic overview of the information we collect, but if you’d like to know more, we go into a lot more detail below.
Why does travelandgambling.com collect and use your personal data?
The main reason we ask you for personal details is a pretty good one – it’s to help administer your online bookings, ensure you get the best service possible and keep your information safe. We also use your personal data to contact you and to inform you of our latest deals and special offers. There are other uses too – if you’d like to find out what they are, read on for a more detailed explanation.
How does travelandgambling.com share your data with third parties?
There are different parties integrated into the travelandgambling.com services in various ways and for various reasons. The primary purpose is to share your reservation data with the accommodation to complete your reservation. There are also other parties which can receive some of your data, which are parties we involve to provide you with the travelandgambling.com services, financial institutions, advertisers or in some cases authorities. Below we’ll go into more detail about how information you share with us is used and exchanged with these parties.
How does travelandgambling.com process communications that you and your booked accommodation may send to travelandgambling.com?
travelandgambling.com can help you and accommodation partners exchange information and requests about accommodations and existing reservations, directing the communications through travelandgambling.com. If you want to find out more about how travelandgambling.com receives and handles these communications, read on here.
How does travelandgambling.com make use of mobile devices?
We offer free apps through which we also collect and process personal data. This works in much the same way as our website, but they also allow you to use our locations services.
How does travelandgambling.com make use of social media?
The use of social media services may be integrated with the travelandgambling.com services in various ways, which will involve us collecting some of your personal data or the social media provider receiving some of your information. If you’d like to learn more about how this information is used and exchanged, read on.
What security and retention procedures does travelandgambling.com put in place to safeguard your personal data?
In accordance with European data protection laws, we observe reasonable procedures to prevent unauthorized access to, and the misuse of, personal data. Full credit card details will be stored for no longer than 10 days.
How does travelandgambling.com treat personal data of children?
travelandgambling.com is a service you are only allowed to use if you are over 18 years of age. We only process information about children with the consent of the parents or legal guardians.
How can you control the personal data you have given to travelandgambling.com?
You always have the right to review the personal information we keep about you. You can request an overview of your personal data by emailing us to the email address stated below. Please write 'Request personal information' in the subject line of your email to speed things along a bit.
What kind of personal information does travelandgambling.com collect?
OK, so you’re looking for a bit more info. Here’s a more in-depth look at the information we collect.
Personal information you give to us.
travelandgambling.com collects and uses information which you provide to us. When you make a reservation, you are (as a minimum) asked for your name and email address. We might also ask for your home address, telephone number, payment information, the names of any guests travelling with you and any preferences you might have for your stay.
If you need to get in touch with our customer service team, or reach out to us through other means (such as through social media, or communicating with your booked accommodation through our site) we will collect information from you there too. After a stay, guests can be asked to provide a review to help ensure future guests get exactly what they’re looking for.
There are also other instances where you’ll provide us with information. For example, if you’re browsing with your mobile device, you can enable travelandgambling.com to see your current location or grant access to your contact details – this helps us provide you with the best possible service. You can also open a user account, which allows you to save your personal settings, upload photos, review previous bookings or plan and manage future reservations (all pretty handy stuff).
You may participate in referral programs or sweepstakes, and doing this will also mean providing us with personal information. In addition to that, you can provide us with feedback or ask for help with using the travelandgambling.com travel services.
Personal information you give us about others.
Of course, you might not simply be booking accommodation for yourself. You may be travelling with other guests whose details you provide as part of the reservation, or you may make a reservation on behalf of someone else. If you maintain a travelandgambling.com for Business account, you can also create an address book to facilitate business travel, as well as manage the bookings of others. In some cases, you can use travelandgambling.com to share information with others. This might take the form of forwarding a wish list or participating in referral programs, but such information may only be used as described in the offered interface – check the details there if you want to know more.
However, at this point we have to point out that it’s your responsibility to ensure that the person or people you have provided personal information about are aware that you’ve done so, and have accepted how travelandgambling.com uses their information (as described in this handy privacy statement).
Personal information we collect automatically.
Even if you don’t end up making a reservation, when you visit our websites or apps we may automatically collect certain information. This includes your IP address, the date and time you accessed our services, the hardware, software or internet browser you use and information about your computer’s operating system, like application versions and your language settings. We might also collect information about clicks and which pages have been shown to you.
If you are using a mobile device, we might also collect data that identifies your mobile device, device-specific settings and characteristics, location details, app crashes and other system activity. When you make a reservation, our system registers through which means and from which websites you have made your reservation or entered the travelandgambling.com websites and/or apps.
Personal information we receive from other sources.
It’s not just the things you tell us, though – we may also receive information about you from other sources. These include business partners, such as affiliate partners, and other independent third parties, and anything we get from them may be combined with information provided by you. Think that sounds a little odd receiving information from business partners? Don’t worry, it’s not – and it’s pretty easy to explain.
The travelandgambling.com reservation services are not only made available via travelandgambling.com and the travelandgambling.com apps, but are also integrated into services of affiliate partners you can find online. When you use some of these, you provide the reservation details to our business partner, who then forward your details to us. We also integrate third party service providers to facilitate payment between bookers and accommodation. These service providers share payment information so we can administer and handle your reservation, making sure everything goes as smoothly as possible for you.
Another example may be that we may integrate calling services into our platforms to enable you to connect with the booked accommodation about your stay, and when we do we receive metadata about call activities (such as where you called, who you are and the date and length of the call). We may also receive information about you when you use certain social media services. So when you link your travelandgambling.com user account to your social media account, personal information may be shared with travelandgambling.com by that social media provider, but only when it’s OK with you for them to do so.
Accommodation partners may share information about you with travelandgambling.com too – this may happen if you have support questions about your pending reservation, when disputes arise about a reservation (though naturally we don’t like it when that happens) or there is other communication about your reservation via travelandgambling.com.
Why does travelandgambling.com collect and use your personal data?
We use the information collected about you for various purposes. Your personal data may be used in the following ways:
- Reservations: First and foremost, we use your personal data to complete and administer your online reservation, which is pretty central to what we do as a company! We may also offer you other travel-related products and services from third parties. These will be via our online services, and if you choose to utilise these we will use your information to complete and administer your order just as we would if you booked an accommodation only.
- Customer service: We provide international customer service from our local offices in more than 20 languages, and we’re there to help 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Sharing your details with our global customer service staff allows us to respond when you need us – including helping you to find appropriate accommodation and responding to any questions you might have about your reservation (or any other queries, for that matter).
- Account facilities: travelandgambling.com users can create a user account on our websites or apps. We use the information you give us to administer this account, allowing you to do a number of useful things. You can manage your bookings or other purchases, take advantage of special offers, make future reservations easily and manage your personal settings. Managing personal settings allows you to keep and share lists, share photos, see previously searched accommodation easily and to check other travel-related information you have provided. It also allows you to see any reviews you have submitted. If you want, you can share certain information in your user account by creating a public profile that’s associated with either your own first name or a screen name of your choice. travelandgambling.com for Business account holders can save contact details in their account facility, manage their business reservations and link other account holders to the travelandgambling.com for Business account.
- Online groups: We may also enable users with an account to join and interact with each other through online groups. Any such activity may be made visible to other account holders or accommodation partners.
- Marketing activities: We also use your information for marketing activities. These activities may include:
- Using your contact information to send you news of travel-related products and services when you make a reservation with us or set up a user account. You can unsubscribe from these marketing communications quickly, easily and at any time – just click on the "Unsubscribe" link included in each newsletter.
- Based on the information you share with us, individualized offers may be shown to you on the travelandgambling.com website, in mobile apps or on third-party websites/apps (including social media sites). These may be offers that you can book directly on the travelandgambling.com site, or third-party offers or products we think you might find interesting.
- When you participate in other promotional activities (such as sweepstakes, referral programs or competitions), relevant information will be used to administer these promotions.
- Communicating with you: There may be other times when we get in touch, including by email, by post, by phone or by texting you – which method we choose depends on the contact information you’ve previously shared with us. And we process the communications you send to us. There could be a number of reasons for this, including:
- Responding to and handling any requests you or your booked accommodation have made. travelandgambling.com also offers guests and accommodation partners various means to exchange information, requests, and comments about accommodations and existing reservations directed through travelandgambling.com. For more information, scroll down a bit and read the section titled “How does travelandgambling.com process communications that you and your booked accommodation may send through travelandgambling.com?”.
- If you have not finalized a reservation online, we may email you with a reminder to continue with your reservation. We believe that this additional service benefits you as it allows you to carry on with a reservation without having to search for accommodation or fill in your reservation details again.
- When you use our services, we may send you a questionnaire or invite you to provide a review about your experience with travelandgambling.com.
- We may also send you other material related to your reservations, such as how to contact travelandgambling.com if you need assistance while you are away, and information that we feel might be useful to you in planning your trip or getting the best out of your stay. We may also send you material related to upcoming reservations or a summary of previous reservations you made through travelandgambling.com.
- Even if you do not have an upcoming reservation, we may need to send you other administrative messages, which may include security alerts.
- Market research: We sometimes ask our customers to take part in market research. Any additional personal details that you give us as part of the market research will be used only with your consent.
- Promotion of a safe and trustworthy service: In order to create a trustworthy environment for you, your fellow travellers, travelandgambling.com’s business partners and our accommodation partners, we may use personal data for the detection and prevention of fraud and other illegal or unwanted activities. Similarly, we may use personal data for risk assessment and security purposes, including the authentication of users and reservations. For such purposes, we may have to put certain reservations on hold.
- Improving our services: We also use personal data for analytical purposes. This is part of our drive to improve our services and enhance the user experience, but can also be used for testing purposes, troubleshooting and to improve the functionality and quality of our online travel services. The main goal here is to optimize and customize our online platform to your needs, making our site easier and more enjoyable to use.
- Guest reviews and other destination-related information: During and after your stay at any accommodation you book through us, you may be invited to submit a guest review. We may also enable guests travelling with you or on whose behalf you have booked to provide a review. This invite may ask for information about the accommodation, the destination and other services you may have booked through travelandgambling.com (such as attractions).
- Account holders can choose to display a review with a screen name instead of the real name (which can be chosen in the user account facility). In addition to this, your review can be displayed anonymously. By completing a guest review, you are agreeing that it can be displayed , for example, the relevant accommodation information page on our websites, on our mobile apps, on our social media accounts and social media apps, or on the website of the relevant accommodation or business partner’s website. This is to inform other travellers about the quality of the accommodation you stayed in, the destination you have chosen or the other services you have used.
- If you indicate whether a guest review is helpful or not, we will aggregate this with feedback from other customers in order to sort and prioritize guest reviews. We may use the information in your lists or in other destination-related information you share with us in an anonymous form, unless you have included this information in your public profile. This is to help other travellers like you find the right destination and the best accommodation to suit them.
- Call monitoring: When you make calls to our customer service team, travelandgambling.com uses an automated telephone number detection system to relate your telephone number to your existing reservations – this can help save time for both you and our customer support staff. Our customer service staff may still ask for authentication, which ensures that your reservation details are kept confidential.
- During calls with travelandgambling.com support staff, live listening may be done or calls may be recorded for quality control and training purposes. Recordings are kept for a limited amount of time and automatically deleted, unless travelandgambling.com has a legitimate interest to keep such recording for a longer period (as reasonably necessary), including for fraud investigation purposes. Any call recordings will be handled in accordance with this Privacy Statement.
To process your information as described above, we rely on the following legal bases:
- Performance of a contract: The use of your information may be necessary to perform the contract that you have with us. For example, if you use our services to make an online reservation, we will use your information to carry out our obligation to complete and administer that reservation under the contract that we have with you.
- Legitimate interests: We may use your information for our legitimate interests, such as to provide you with the best suitable content of the website, emails and newsletters, to improve and promote our products and services and the content on our website, and for administrative, fraud detection and legal purposes.
- Consent: We may rely on your consent to use your personal information for certain direct marketing purposes. You may withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us at the addresses at the end of this Privacy Statement.
How does travelandgambling.com share your data with third parties?
In certain circumstances, we’ll share your personal data with third parties.
- The accommodation you booked: This one’s pretty crucial for what we do! In order to complete your reservation, we transfer relevant reservation details to the accommodation you have booked. This may include your name, contact details, payment details, the names of guests travelling with you and any preferences you specified when you made your booking. If you have a query about your reservation, we may contact the accommodation provider and ask them to handle your request. Unless payment is made during the book process via the travelandgambling.com website, we will forward your credit card details to the booked accommodation for further handling (assuming you’ve provided us with those details during your booking process). In cases of reservation-related disputes, we may provide the accommodation provider with information about the reservation process as needed. This may include a copy of your reservation confirmation as proof that a reservation was actually made.
- Your local travelandgambling.com office: In order to support the use of the travelandgambling.com services, your details may be shared with subsidiaries of the travelandgambling.com corporate family. To find out everything you need to know about the travelandgambling.com corporate family.
- Third-party service providers: We may use service providers to process your personal data on our behalf. This processing is for several purposes, including for example sending out marketing material. Third party service providers are bound by confidentiality clauses and are not allowed to use your personal data for other purposes.
- Payment providers and (other) financial institutions: When a chargeback is requested for your reservation by either you or by the holder of the credit card used to make your reservation, we may need to share certain reservation details with the payment service provider and the relevant financial institution to handle the chargeback. This may also include a copy of your reservation confirmation or the IP address used to make your reservation. We may furthermore share information with relevant financial institutions, if we consider it strictly necessary for fraud detection and prevention purposes.
- Competent authorities: We disclose personal data to law enforcement insofar as it is required by law or is strictly necessary for the prevention, detection or prosecution of criminal acts and fraud. We may need to further disclose personal data to competent authorities to protect and defend our rights or properties, or the rights and properties of our business partners.
- Business partners: We work with many business partners around the world. Some of these business partners distribute or advertise our services, as well as help our other business partners distribute and advertise their own travel-related services. These business partners may also include the Priceline corporate group, a group which includes travelandgambling.com. This may mean that their services are integrated into our website/apps, they have been enabled to show you a customized advertisement, or the travelandgambling.com online reservation services are integrated in their websites and/or apps.
- When you make a reservation on one of our business partners’ websites or apps, certain personal data that you give them will be forwarded to us. If customer service is provided by the business partner, travelandgambling.com will share details relevant to your reservation with the business partners (as and when needed) in order to provide you with appropriate and efficient support. When you make a reservation through one of our business partners’ websites, the business partners may receive certain parts of your personal data related to the specific reservation. This is for their own internal purposes (such as analytical purposes) and, if requested by you, for the administration of loyalty programs or marketing.
- When you make a reservation on a business partners’ website, please also take the time to read their privacy policies if you wish to understand how these business partners may process your personal data. When we offer you other travel-related products and/or services, your information may be shared with the offering business partners to handle or administer your order. For fraud detection and prevention purposes and as strictly necessary, we may also exchange information about our users with business partners.
How does travelandgambling.com process communications that you and your booked accommodation may send through travelandgambling.com?
travelandgambling.com offers you and accommodation partners various means to communicate about accommodations and existing reservations, directing the communications through travelandgambling.com. You can contact travelandgambling.com with questions about your reservation or about your accommodation partners via the My Booking Page, the travelandgambling.com app, and via other channels that we may make available.
travelandgambling.com may access communications and may use automated systems to review, scan, and analyze communications for security purposes; fraud prevention; compliance with legal and regulatory requirements; investigations of potential misconduct; product development and improvement; research; customer engagement, including to provide you with information and offers that we believe may be of interest to you; and customer or technical support. We reserve the right to block the delivery of or review communications that we, in our sole discretion, believe may contain malicious content, spam, or may pose a risk to you, accommodation partners, travelandgambling.com, or others. Note, all communications sent or received using travelandgambling.com communication tools will be received and stored by travelandgambling.com. Business partners through whose platform you made the reservation and accommodation partners may choose to communicate with you directly via email or other channels that travelandgambling.com does not control.
How does travelandgambling.com make use of mobile devices?
We offer free apps for a variety of mobile devices, as well as versions of our regular website that have been optimized for mobile and tablet browsing. These apps and mobile websites process the personal details you give us in much the same way as our website does – and they also allow you to use location services to find accommodation nearby. With your consent, we may send you push notifications with information about your reservation. You may grant us access to your location data or contact details in order to provide services requested by you. When you upload a picture from your mobile device, your picture may also be tagged with your location information. Please read the instructions of your mobile device to understand how to change the settings and enable the sharing of such data or the receipt of push notifications.
In order to optimize the content of the travelandgambling.com newsletter, travelandgambling.com combines the searches and reservations made from different computers and devices while you are logged into your user account on each of these computers and devices. If you do not want travelandgambling.com to combine such data for newsletter generation or to optimize the content of our websites and/or apps, either log out of a device or computer or unsubscribe from the travelandgambling.com newsletter.
Personalized advertisements shown to you on other websites or in apps, can be offered based on your activities on linked computers and devices. By opting out of the NAI behavioural advertising program (see in our under “What are your choices”), you can opt out of cross-device tracking for advertisement purposes. You should know that logging out of your user account will not actually mean that you opt out of personalized advertisements.
How does travelandgambling.com make use of social media?
Here at travelandgambling.com, we use social media in different ways. We use it partly to facilitate the use of online reservation services, but also to promote our business partners’ travel-related products and services and to advertise, improve and facilitate our own services.
Log in with your social media account. We may offer you the opportunity to sign in to a travelandgambling.com user account with your social media account, which saves you from having to remember different user names and passwords for different online services. After you’ve signed in once, you’ll always be able to use your social media account to sign in to your travelandgambling.com account. You can decouple these accounts from each other at any time too.
Integration of social media plugins. We have also integrated social media plugins into the travelandgambling.com website and apps. This means that when you click on one of the buttons (such as Facebook’s ‘Like’ button) certain information is shared with these social media providers. If you are logged in to your social media account at the same time, your social media provider may relate this information to your social media account and possibly present your actions on your social media profile to be shared with others in your network.
Other social media services and features. We may also integrate other social media services (like social media messaging) to interact with travelandgambling.com or with your contacts about our services. We may also maintain social media accounts and offer apps on several social media sites. Whenever you connect with travelandgambling.com through social media, your social media service provider may allow you to share information with travelandgambling.com. If you choose to share, you will generally be told by your social media provider which information will be shared. For example, when you log into a travelandgambling.com user account with your social media account, certain information (as authorized by you to your social media provider) may be shared with travelandgambling.com. This might include your email address, age or profile pictures saved in your user account.
When you register with a travelandgambling.com social media app or connect to a social media messaging service